ode-user mailing list archives

From dawg <zohar.etzi...@gmail.com>
Subject Parallel Flow Question
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2010 20:59:41 GMT

Hi,

I wonder how can I express in BPEL the following:

I have two parallel flows that are joined at some point. They should be
executed in parallel, however, if one of them reached the end (where they
should be joined) then the process flow should not wait for the other
sequence to end, but carry on from the joint point.

The specific use case I have is this: on the primary sequence I have my
business logic, where on the parallel I have a receive activity that listens
to a callback that may trigger a set of other activities. However if the
business logic reached the join point, then even if a callback message has
been received and started its processing, it should be dropped and the
process should continue from the join point.

The way I wrote it now, I'm using flow activity, where one sequence (the
primary) is the business logic which completes, and the other (the
secondary) begins with a receive activity, which is never sent and therefore
the process gets stuck.

Is there a way to express that with BPEL?

Thanks,
Dawg