ode-user mailing list archives

From "Wenfeng ZHAO" <zhaowenf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Strange selectionFailure in assign activity
Date Sat, 14 Nov 2009 08:33:15 GMT
Hello dawg,

	What I suggested is same with Greg. A historical thread in this mail list has clarified how
to intialize variables in ODE: http://old.nabble.com/Must-BPEL-complex-variable-initialization-use-extension-mechanisms--tc22904186.html#a22904186

In short, we should "initialize the entire target variable using the complete element in the
literal from-spec"

For example, given the declaration of the variables:
  <variables xmlns:ws0="http://example.com/service01.wsdl">
    ... ...
    <variable name="_a" element="ws0:elemA" />
    <variable name="_b" element="ws0:elemB" />
    <variable name="_c" element="ws0:elemC" />
    <variable name="_a2" element="ws0:elemA2" />
  </variables>
and the schema:
       <schema targetNamespace="http://example.com/service01.wsdl"
              xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
              elementFormDefault="qualified">
           ... ...
           <element name="ResultInfo">
              <complexType>
                  <sequence>
                     <element name="elemA">
                        <complexType>
                            <sequence>
                               <element name="elemB">
                                  <complexType>
                                      <sequence>
                                         <element name="elemC" type="string" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>

                                      </sequence>
                                  </complexType>
                               </element>
                            </sequence>
                        </complexType>
                     </element>
                     <element name="elemA2" type="string"/>
                  </sequence>
              </complexType>
           </element>
       </schema>

We should initialize $_b as:
      <copy>
        <from><literal>
          <svc01:elemB xmlns:svc01="http://example.com/service01.wsdl">
            <svc01:elemC/>
          </svc01:elemB>
        </literal></from>
        <to>$_b</to>
      </copy>
Then we are permitted to copy some values to $_b or its child.

Hope it helpful to you.

Wenfeng