ode-user mailing list archives

From Tammo van Lessen <tvanles...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Develop a new BPEL extension
Date Fri, 27 Nov 2009 12:39:10 GMT
Hi Anil,

the benefit of an xpath extension is that you don't have do deal with
accessing variables, thinking of from and to etc.

Anyways, as starting point for extension activities/assign operations,
create a class implementing  AbstractSyncExtensionOperation and
implement runSync with your custom code. The ExtensionContext will
provide you all methods needed for accessing variables etc, the element
contains the DOM element that is nested within the
<extensionAssignOperation> element.

Then create a subclass of AbstractExtensionBundle, define the namespace
and register your operation in registerExtensionActivities by calling
registerExtensionOperation(...).

Finally, package these classes, add the jar to ODE's class path and
register our bundle class in the ode-*.properties file.

HTH,
   Tammo