ode-user mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: ODE Performance
Date Mon, 21 Sep 2009 21:33:13 GMT
Hi Daniel,

Two minutes for invoking 2-3 services seems like a LOOOOOOONG time -- such
process should execute in a few seconds if the services respond immediately.

I would try the following:

1) monitor CPU / IO / memory usage -- is there bottleneck?  (if any)
2) turn on debug logging for Ode in general and see what's happening
3) Ode is very persistence-heavy so I would check the database layer to see
what's happening there as well.

The first thing I generally suggest to improve performance is to selectively
disable event persistence<http://ode.apache.org/user-guide.html#UserGuide-Filteringevents>.

Good luck,
alex