ode-user mailing list archives

From Augusto Diaz <adiaz.nori...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to use the <catch> element in BPEL?
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2009 01:20:08 GMT
Hi Mark,

I cannot access the contents of the fault message. I tried in several
ways but I without succeded. Could you please help me?

Im sending you my BPEL file and the WSDL that defines the fault.

Or if you have a link with an example it would be excellent.

Thanks in advance.

2009/7/30 Ford, Mark <mark.ford@ll.mit.edu>:
> There are three types of faults:
>
>  *   standard BPEL faults like bpel:selectionFailure. These typically indicate a problem
in your process where you've not implemented something correctly
>  *   custom faults that you throw internally with the bpel:throw activity. This can
be any type of xml data you want.
>  *   faults resulting from web service invokes. The fault will be defined on the operation
that you're invoking. An operation may define multiple faults.

> It sounds like you're asking how to access the SOAP fault from an invoke. The short answer
is that there is nothing in the spec about SOAP and there are no built in functions to access
the faultCode, faultActor, or faultString.

> The typical use case here is to define a catch for each fault that is defined on the
operation you're invoking. Make sure the name and the fault message/element matches what's
defined in the WSDL for the operation. Each catch defined in this way serves as a declaration
of a variable of that message/element that is scoped to that catch. When the catch executes,
you can access the contents of the fault message/element just like any other variable. Keep
in mind, the contents of this variable will be limited to what's defined in the WSDL. If you're
familiar with SOAP, then it's probably the first child element of the fault detail element.

--
Atentamente

L.I. José Augusto Díaz Noriega