ode-user mailing list archives

From kodeninja <koffee.2.k...@gmail.com>
Subject How to modularize a large BPEL process definition?
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2009 13:51:49 GMT

Howdy,

I have a pretty large BPEL file (> 12000 LoC) that's become quite unwieldy
now. Opening it up in the NetBeans/Eclipse BPEL editor itself is a pain and
maintaining it is really difficult. What are the best practices to
modularize a large BPEL file?

Part of the reason it's so large is because I have a retry logic implemented
on all the "invoke"s that happen within the BPEL. This code is pretty much
the same for all the invoke calls and has led to a lot of duplication. Is
there a way I can, say, create a reusable function which can be used in the
invoke calls rather pasting the same retry logic again and again? Or maybe a
way to break down the main BPEL into smaller BPEL processes that can be
invoked from the main BPEL?

Basically, I'm looking for ways to manage this complex BPEL process. Any
suggestions/comments?

Thanks,
-Kodeninja