ode-user mailing list archives

From Thilina Gunarathne <cset...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does ODE support MTOM ?
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2009 13:57:23 GMT
Hi.
IIRC ODE does not use Axiom internally and converts to DOM (Please correct
me if I'm wrong).. Axiom has support for carrying binary data in accordance
with XOP/MTOM specs, through OMtext nodes. But I'm not sure how ODE handles
the conversion to/from Axiom. There is a very good chance that ODE model
will get the binary data in a OMText as a base64 string in the DOM text
node, as OMText.getText() will automatically do the conversion in case it
contains binary. This is still valid MTOM, but rather little inefficient and
lacks the ability to handle very large binary data pieces. If this is not
working, then it should be a very trivial fix to the conversion code.

I don't think ODE will support sending MTOM messages, as there is no way to
configure the output as MTOM, unless MTOM policy kicks in..

thanks,
Thilina

--
Thilina Gunarathne  - http://thilinag.blogspot.com