ode-user mailing list archives

From Myunghwa Hwang <mhwa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: errors on deployment
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2009 19:00:24 GMT
Thanks, Zhao!
Your advice for logging setting was useful.
I am not familiar with configuring servlet apps, which was the main cause of
not utilizing log information.
For dummies like me, this is how I got the ode logs in a file.
I added the following into the log4j.properties document under
[tomcat_dir]/webapps/ode/WEB-INF/classes:

log4j.rootLogger=debug, R
log4j.appender.R.File=${catalina.home}/logs/tomcat.log
log4j.appender.R.MaxFileSize=10MB
log4j.appender.R.MaxBackupIndex=10
log4j.appender.R.layout.ConversionPattern=%p %t %c - %m%n
log4j.logger.org.apache.catalina=DEBUG, R

The first line is already in the file, but you need to change the value from
WARN, CONSOLE into DEBUG, R.

By looking at the resulting log, I found the errors in my deploy package and
could successfully deploy it.
Thanks again, Zhao!

from Myunghwa