ode-user mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Calling bpel wf in ode
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2009 17:09:03 GMT
All processes deployed on Ode (via Axis2) are exposed through simple
XML/HTTP interface.

You can easily call web services and dynamically create XML message is just
a few lines of Java code...

// assuming Apache Commons httpclient 3.1
import org.apache.commons.httpclient.*
import org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.*
PostMethod post = new PostMethod("
http://localhost:8080/ode/processes/HelloWorld");
post.setRequestHeader("Content-Type", "text/xml; charset=utf-8");
post.setRequestBody("<Hello xmlns="http://example.com/HelloWorld
">hello!</Hello>");
int code = (new HttpClient()).executeMethod(post);
if (code == 200) {
  System.out.println(post.getResponseBodyAsString)
} else {
  System.err.println("Bad response code: "+code);
}

Armed with a good HTTP/REST library and a decent language (Groovy, Scala,
...) you can do a lot of damage with even fewer  lines of code.

Big frameworks are optional.

alex