ode-user mailing list archives

From Alex Hepp <he...@web.de>
Subject Generate Database Schema for Ode with MySQL
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2009 07:48:36 GMT
Hi List,

we have just started to evaluate ODE for our needs in an EJB Web Service
orchestration context. What we are looking for is high performance with
a large number of active processes (>150.000 at a time). This can not
really be handled by HSQLDB, so we would like to use an external DB
(mysql for testing and later oracle).  We were able to configure
external database (with the help of your online doc AND some external
resources), but, we would now need the up to date database schema.

Your online documentation says at 3.) "Make sure that MySQL is started
and the ODE schema has been loaded in a /ode/ database.". Very funny,
indeed ;)

We found several resources presenting a schema, but most of them are for
ODE 1.2, which is not compatible to 1.3.2 anymore. I know, that we could
take the sources, build the whole project with Buildr, and we would also
get a sql file for DDL schema generation.

The question is: Is this really intended? Should a "normal" Oder User
really have to download sources and set up a whole building environment
to be able to use an external database instead of builtin? Is it somehow
possible to generate / create the schema in a different way?

We also read about using hibernate and setting a special property for
generation. First problem: We don't seem to get Ode to using hibernate
(though setting
ode-axis2.dao.factory=org.apache.ode.daohib.bpel.BpelDAOConnectionFactoryImpl)
and trying ode.persistence = hibernate. Then we tried to stick with
OpenJPA and using openjpa.jdbc.SynchronizeMappings = buildSchema (we set
all the properties in ode-axis2.properties). I set the logging to debug,
and recognized that openjpa.jdbc.synchronizeMapping is always still set
to false. Are there any property files that override
ode-axis2.properties values again? I thought it would make sense, to
read this one last.

I really don't see, how we would be able to have a schema generated
without setting up a Buildr environment. Perhaps you can give me some
advice? How would we really enable hibernate instead of openJPA, or how
would we be able to create the schema with openJPA?

Thank you very much in advance!
Best regards

Alex  Hepp