ode-user mailing list archives

From kodeninja <koffee.2.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How does ODE's BPEL Engine recover in the event of system failure?
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2009 07:14:56 GMT

Thanks for the reply, Matthieu.

I have a BPEL that performs a CRUD operation on an entity and responds back
to the calling client with a success/failure message accordingly. The client
starts the BPEL by sending a CRUD request. It provides a callback handler to
the BPEL to intimate it back when it's done. Now, if the BPEL engine crashes
in the middle of the process, what I see is that the client is never updated
with the actual status of the request (CRUD failed), whenever the engine is
re-started. So, in this case, where there's a callback to the client
involved, is it possible for the BPEL process to just proceed from the point
where it was, when the engine crashed, and complete the request?

Thanks,
-Kodeninja