ode-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Luebke <daniel.lue...@inf.uni-hannover.de>
Subject Re: OT: wsp:policy element in WSDL
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2009 20:39:08 GMT
Hi,

Paul Brown schrieb:
> [...]
> This is as good a place to ask about web services ephemera as any...

That was my hope ;-)
> [...]
> I don't think you'll find it in any schema.  If I recall correctly,
> it's defined by the WS-Policy Attachment specs (the specs that define
> how you mark-up, e.g., a WSDL or UDDI entries) to reflect the policies
> attached to components.  The wsp:UsingPolicy element is a kind of
> marker that goes in the WSDL as a poison pill for processors that
> don't know what to do with it.

This would mean that every WSDL with this tag cannot be validated
against the schemas. I stumbled across this because I used standard XML
tooling for generating WSDLs and I couldn't insert this tag. To me
having invalid XML files in this regard is... well... astohnishing.
Especially, because the WSDL and XSD standards are using all features of
XSD that you can imagine.

Daniel