ode-user mailing list archives

From Tammo van Lessen <tvanles...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Correlation
Date Thu, 04 Jun 2009 10:37:34 GMT
Hi,

that basically depends on your scenario. BPEL correlations are based on
data values, that can be used to uniquely identify the process instance.
So, typically such identifiers are part of the contract between service
consumer and service provider, however, it is of course the BPEL engine
that needs to understand the correlation set definition, that's why the
correlation set is part of the process. The correlation set in turn uses
references to properties. Such properties should be part of the WSDL of
the service that uses/provides the related data types. Often it is the
case, that you depend on WSDLs without BPEL property definitions, in
this case you may want to create a new WSDL, import the original WSDL
and add only properties to that file. Then you can reference them in BPEL.

HTH a bit,
  Tammo

--
Tammo van Lessen - http://www.taval.de