ode-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Christian Fonden" <christian.fon...@die-rooter.de>
Subject Re: Exception in Assign after updating the trunk
Date Mon, 25 May 2009 08:19:10 GMT
Hi all,

please ignore my last mail, I was able to fix my XPath query by changing the 
assign to the following code that works now as specified in the xpath doc. 
Enabling the debug logging for ASSIGN helped me out, as the result of each 
xpath select is printed to the log then. This is a hint to everyone who has 
trouble with finding a bug in his assign statements.

<bpel:assign validate="no" name="Assign">

                <bpel:copy>
                    <bpel:from>
                        <bpel:literal xml:space="preserve">
         <tns:result>init</tns:result>
      </bpel:literal>
                    </bpel:from>
                    <bpel:to variable="output" part="payload"></bpel:to>
                </bpel:copy>

                <bpel:copy>
                    <bpel:from >
                        $contextQueryTargetVariable/statusMessage
                    </bpel:from>
                    <bpel:to part="payload" variable="output">
                         //tns:Context4BPELScenarioProcessRequest/tns:result
                    </bpel:to>
                </bpel:copy>

            </bpel:assign>

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Christian Fonden" <christian.fonden@die-rooter.de>
To: <user@ode.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, May 24, 2009 8:51 PM
Subject: Exception in Assign after updating the trunk


> Hi Oders,
>
> I have updated by SVN Revision of the ODE trunk today. After Re-Deploying 
> a BPEL Process that worked before (in Revision 766476 ), now an Assign 
> fails with an ode exception listed in the ode log file.
>
> Shall I open a JIRA Issue or am I doing something wrong that is no 
> recognized by the ODE after updating?
> The BPEL Assign Statement and the ODE Log Entry are attached. Any help?
>
> Greets
> Chris
>
> The Assign is as follows:
> <bpel:assign validate="no" name="assign status to output">
>                 <bpel:copy>
>                     <bpel:from
>                         $contextQueryTargetVariable/statusMessage
>                     </bpel:from>
>                     <bpel:to
>                         $output/payload/result
>                     </bpel:to>
>                 </bpel:copy>
>             </bpel:assign>
>            </bpel:sequence>
>
> This alternate Method does not work either:
> <bpel:assign validate="no" name="assign status to output">
>                 <bpel:copy>
>                     <bpel:from variable="contextQueryTargetVariable">
>                         <bpel:query 
> queryLanguage="urn:oasis:names:tc:wsbpel:2.0:sublang:xpath1.0"><![CDATA[c4bTypes:statusMessage]]></bpel:query>
>                     </bpel:from>
>                     <bpel:to part="payload" variable="output">
>                         <bpel:query 
> queryLanguage="urn:oasis:names:tc:wsbpel:2.0:sublang:xpath1.0"><![CDATA[tns:result]]></bpel:query>
>                     </bpel:to>
>                 </bpel:copy>
>             </bpel:assign>
>            </bpel:sequence>
>
> The Logfile entry that is produced looks like that:
> 23000 [ODEServerImpl-1] ERROR org.apache.ode.jacob.vpu.JacobVPU  - Method 
> "run" in class "org.apache.ode.bpel.rtrep.v2.ASSIGN" threw an unexpected 
> exception.
> java.lang.NullPointerException: elem parameter must not be null!
>        at org.apache.ode.utils.DOMUtils.findChildByType(DOMUtils.java:776)
>        at 
> org.apache.ode.utils.DOMUtils.getFirstChildElement(DOMUtils.java:215)
>        at org.apache.ode.bpel.rtrep.v2.ASSIGN.evalQuery(ASSIGN.java:295)
>        at org.apache.ode.bpel.rtrep.v2.ASSIGN.copy(ASSIGN.java:176)
>        at org.apache.ode.bpel.rtrep.v2.ASSIGN.run(ASSIGN.java:69)
>        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor60.invoke(Unknown Source)
>        at 
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>        at 
> org.apache.ode.jacob.vpu.JacobVPU$JacobThreadImpl.run(JacobVPU.java:450)
>        at org.apache.ode.jacob.vpu.JacobVPU.execute(JacobVPU.java:139)
>        at 
> org.apache.ode.bpel.rtrep.v2.RuntimeInstanceImpl.execute(RuntimeInstanceImpl.java:690)
>        at 
> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelRuntimeContextImpl.execute(BpelRuntimeContextImpl.java:755)
>        at 
> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelRuntimeContextImpl.executeCreateInstance(BpelRuntimeContextImpl.java:743)
>        at 
> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.ODEProcess.executeCreateInstance(ODEProcess.java:193)
>        at 
> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.ODEWSProcess$1.call(ODEWSProcess.java:385)
>        at 
> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.ODEWSProcess$1.call(ODEWSProcess.java:384)
>        at 
> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.ODEProcess$ProcessCallable.call(ODEProcess.java:756)
>        at 
> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelInstanceWorker.doInstanceWork(BpelInstanceWorker.java:171)
>        at 
> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelInstanceWorker.execInCurrentThread(BpelInstanceWorker.java:106)
>        at 
> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.ODEProcess.doInstanceWork(ODEProcess.java:313)
>        at 
> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.ODEWSProcess.invokeProcess(ODEWSProcess.java:383)
>        at 
> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.MyRoleMessageExchangeImpl.doInvoke(MyRoleMessageExchangeImpl.java:129)
> 


Mime
View raw message