ode-user mailing list archives

From <Hong...@thomsonreuters.com>
Subject RE: bpel asynchronously call jax-ws web service
Date Thu, 14 May 2009 19:54:54 GMT
Matthieu,

Thank you for the information about correlation.  However, we are
currently trying to figure out how the BPEL interacts with jax-ws web
service asynchronously, and how to make it happen.  Due to the nature of
our project, we have to have BPEL call jax-ws web service
asynchronously, would you help us on that issue?

Thank you so much,

Hong

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthieu Riou [mailto:matthieu.riou@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2009 1:36 PM
To: user@ode.apache.org
Cc: Martens, Samuel (Healthcare USA)
Subject: Re: bpel asynchronously call jax-ws web service

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 12:43 PM, <Hong.Qi@thomsonreuters.com> wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> We were able to synchronously invoke a jax-ws web service from BPEL,
it
> was fine.  Now since our task takes long time, we need to invoke the
> task (web service) asynchronously.  We are using apache ode BPEL, and
> our web service uses sun's reference jax-ws implementation and runs on
> Tomcat.  We did google search, and did find information on what to do
on
> the BPEL side, but so far we were not able to find information on what
> should happen on the jax-ws web service side, and how it works.  Has
> anybody done something like that before?  I need something concrete,
> like the sample code or information on how it works.

If you want your jax-ws service to call back you'll either need
correlation
(google search for resources) or reusing the endpoint that ODE passes
using
our stateful exchange protocol [1] (which is kind of a special case of
correlation). I would read about either.

Matthieu

[1] http://ode.apache.org/implicit-correlations.html