ode-user mailing list archives

From Matthieu Riou <matthieu.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting debugging support directly via IL API
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 14:32:51 GMT
On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 6:40 PM, buddhika chamith <chamibuddhika@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just to make sure that I have made myself clear enough, here is  the use
> case I am trying to work out. I have a simple BPEL process where no partner
> web services calls are involved. Upon client invocation it simply gives
> back
> a response to the client. (Few variable assignments within the process are
> present). What I want to do is to be able to set break points at activities
> such as <assign> etc. But for performance reasons I don't want any remote
> calls/web service calls to carry out these tasks. Furthurmore I want to
> know
> when the value of a variable is changed and get the related details while
> the process is being executed.

You can get those using the event listener API.

> I don't know whether this is possible at all
> or whether I have misunderstood the usage of IL API. I greatly appreciate
> if
> some one can give a quick response as to how this can be done.

I've recently opened a bit the access to DebuggerSupport in the 1.X branch.
There's now a public interface for it (DebuggerContext) and you should be
able to get a reference to it from the BpelServer by calling
getDebugger(pid). There you should have everyting you need to set
breakpoints and control execution.

Cheers,
Matthieu