ode-user mailing list archives

From buddhika chamith <chamibuddh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: bpelrun
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2009 18:09:11 GMT
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the references. I will thoroughly look in to them. I went through
some source codes of the BPELUnit. From looking at them I got following
skeleton idea about the test framework. Please correct me if I am wrong.

1. Partner services are simulated with the help of an embedded HttpServer.
2. Partner services are simulated using a concept called PartnerTracks which
gets called when corresponding requests are received to the HttpServer by
the deployed BPEL process.
3. Process deployment is done by extending classes of IBPELDeployer.
Currently two deployers are present for ActiveBpel and Oracle.

Now I have following assumptions or rather the outline about the scope of
the project idea.

1. The project idea involves in developing deployment facility of a bpel
process bundle for ODE engine similar to ActiveBpel and Oracle.
2. This doesnot involve in embedding the ODE runtime in to BPELUnit. Does
this mean that ODE server has to be started externally before using the
runtime in the BPELUnit?
3. This involves integration of BPELUnit with the Eclipse BPEL Designer. In
this regard some research will have to be done as to what extension points
are available in BPEL Designer for such an expansion. AFAIK  BPEL Designer
has a mechanism for deploying and communicating with the ODE runtime. May be
I can leverage that as well if at the end BPELUnit is going to be integrated
with the BPEL Designer.

Please correct me if I have misunderstood anything. Sorry for making this
mail bit long. It is because I have to have a clear idea of the scope of the
project before settling in to the specifics.

Best Regards,
Chamith Buddhika