ode-user mailing list archives

From Surendar <surend...@7strata.com>
Subject Dynamic work flows using ODE
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 11:08:08 GMT
Hi,

I am developing a project that requires dynamic invocation steps ( flows
) which will be decided during run time. The main driver BPEL will get
the list of actions to be done and based on which these actions will be
fired.

I would like to know if we can implement dynamic BPEL invocations and is
there a way we can support this using ODE.

I am explaining the steps that I require here.

Eg:
1. The steps to be taken for a particular process ( *BPEL ) *will be
decided during run time.
2. Each step require a particular web service to be called.
3. Each step can take a different input
4. Each step can be synchronous or async.

These are some of the parameters that will be decided during run time (
Eg: can be configured using a DB etc., )

Eg:

A Process file ( .BPEL )

Gets invoked with a request to process Employee information:

1. Get action list for employee ( returns a list of action objects based
on the employee ID)
2. For each action step call a service to know about the action object.
3. Based on the return value ( about the action object ) from the service.
4. Perform the action ( Web service call )

Thanks in advance and Regards,
Surendar.V