ode-user mailing list archives

From Matthieu Riou <matthieu.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Runtime expression evaluation in Bpel
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 19:41:01 GMT
On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 6:26 PM, Gu, Richard <richard.gu@sap.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a question that , is it possible in ODE to evaluate expression
> value at runtime? EG, in if condition, you can write <condtion>$age =20
> </condition> to judge. But whethe I can hold the expresstion in to
> another variable and execute it at runtime? Like: if we have $condition
> =  "$age=20", then we can have sth like: <condition> eval($condition)
> </condition>?
>
> Can we achieve that in BPEL?

BPEL relies on XPath and there are no eval in XPath. You could add an
extension function to support that though, it's fairly easy to plug your own
functions using Saxon when you use the XPath 2.0 engine (see [1]).

Cheers,
Matthieu

[1] http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/extensibility/functions.html