ode-user mailing list archives

From "Ford, Mark" <mark.f...@ll.mit.edu>
Subject Fault handling with multiple detail elements and servicemix
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2009 22:45:38 GMT
I've run into an issue where a SOAP:Fault with multiple detail elements is causing the fault
handling in my process to fail. This looks like a servicemix issue more than an ODE issue
but I'm curious how other developers are dealing with it.

ODE correctly matches the fault to the intended catch element. This catch is defined with
the appropriate fault WSDL message and name. The problem arises when trying to copy values
from this fault variable since the underlying XML doesn't match the definition of the variable.

For example:

<multiple-details>
   <ns1:myFault>...</ns1:myFault>
   <ns2:exceptionName/>
   <ns2:hostname/>
</multiple-details>

Vs

<ns1:myFault>...</ns1:myFault>

If I tweak the service I'm invoking to reply with a single detail then everything works fine.
I won't always be in control of the services I'm invoking so it's possible I could run into
this issue in the future if I end up invoking other axis services.

Is there a way to have ODE automatically unwrap this fault for me so I don't have to deal
with the multiple-details element? The fact that the correct catch block executed indicates
that ODE is somehow accounting for this multiple-details element within the fault matching
logic so perhaps there's a way to have it unwrap it and discard all but the first detail.

--
Mark Ford
MIT Lincoln Laboratory