ode-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Rafal Rusin <rafal.ru...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lock exceptions
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2009 21:28:38 GMT
My advice is to set
ode-axis2.threads.pool.size=1

is ode-axis2.properties. Then retry your test.

Regards


2009/2/19 Andi Abes <aabes@progress.com>:
> Based on Alex's advice, I've replaced the derby DB, and made sure to
> specify  (from ODE-507)
> openjpa.jdbc.TransactionIsolation= read-committed
>
> But I'm still not quite out of the woods:
> FATAL - GeronimoLog.fatal(116) | Engine requested response while the
> message exchange hqejbhcnphr423h3vathv3 was in the state COMPLETED_OK
> ERROR - GeronimoLog.error(104) | The message exchange seems to be in an
> unconsistent state, you're probably missing a reply on a
> request/response interaction.
> INFO - GeronimoLog.info(79) | ActivityRecovery: Registering activity 43,
> failure reason: org.apache.ode.bpel.iapi.BpelEngineException: Engine
> requested response
>  while the message exchange hqejbhcnphr423h3vathv3 was in the state
> COMPLETED_OK on channel 75
>
>
> This does not happen if there's just 1 branch in the parallel for-each
> loop, but wholly reproducible when the count is 2 or more.
>
> Any advice?
>
>
>
>
> From: Andi Abes
> Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2009 6:47 PM
> To: 'user@ode.apache.org'
> Subject: Lock exceptions
>
> Setting - ODE 1.2, Tomcat, Derby JPA (out of box config).
>
> I'm getting the following in the log...Any pointers?
>
> The BPEL process uses a for-each (parallel = yes) loop to invoke a few
> instances in parallel (5 in this case) and correlate responses which are
> performed using 1-way invocations into the BPEL engine.
> The exceptions start showing up shortly after the last response was sent
> back from the called services.
>
>
> WARN - GeronimoLog.warn(96) | connectionErrorOccurred called with null
> java.sql.SQLException: A lock could not be obtained due to a deadlock,
> cycle of locks and waiters is:
> Lock : ROW, ODE_JOB, (1,7)
>  Waiting XID : {522, X} , SA, delete from ODE_JOB where jobid = ? and
> nodeid = ?
>  Granted XID : {512, X}
> Lock : ROW, ODE_JOB, (1,21)
>  Waiting XID : {512, X} , SA, delete from ODE_JOB where jobid = ? and
> nodeid = ?
>  Granted XID : {522, X}
> . The selected victim is XID : 522.
>            at
> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown
> Source)
>            at
> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Unknown Source)
>            at
> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.wrapInSQLException(Un
> known Source)
>            at
> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.handleException(Unkno
> wn Source)
>            at
> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.handleException(Unknown
> Source)
>            at
> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.ConnectionChild.handleException(Unknown
> Source)
>            at
> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.executeStatement(Unknown
> Source)
>            at
> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.executeStatement(Unkno
> wn Source)
>            at
> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(Unknown
> Source)
>            at
> org.tranql.connector.jdbc.PreparedStatementHandle.executeUpdate(Prepared
> StatementHandle.java:103)
>            at
> org.apache.ode.scheduler.simple.JdbcDelegate.deleteJob(JdbcDelegate.java
> :92)
>            at
> org.apache.ode.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler$4$1.call(SimpleScheduler
> .java:339)
>            at
> org.apache.ode.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler$4$1.call(SimpleScheduler
> .java:336)
>            at
> org.apache.ode.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler.execTransaction(SimpleSc
> heduler.java:174)
>            at
> org.apache.ode.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler$4.call(SimpleScheduler.j
> ava:335)
>            at
> org.apache.ode.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler$4.call(SimpleScheduler.j
> ava:332)
>            at
> java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:269)
>            at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:123)
>            at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecuto
> r.java:650)
>            at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.ja
> va:675)
>            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
> Caused by: ERROR 40001: A lock could not be obtained due to a deadlock,
> cycle of locks and waiters is:
> Lock : ROW, ODE_JOB, (1,7)
>  Waiting XID : {522, X} , SA, delete from ODE_JOB where jobid = ? and
> nodeid = ?
>  Granted XID : {512, X}
> Lock : ROW, ODE_JOB, (1,21)
>  Waiting XID : {512, X} , SA, delete from ODE_JOB where jobid = ? and
> nodeid = ?
>  Granted XID : {522, X}
> . The selected victim is XID : 522.
>            at
> org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(Unknown
> Source)
>            at
> org.apache.derby.impl.services.locks.Deadlock.buildException(Unknown
> Source)
>            at
> org.apache.derby.impl.services.locks.ConcurrentLockSet.lockObject(Unknow
> n Source)
>            at
> org.apache.derby.impl.services.locks.AbstractPool.lockObject(Unknown
> Source)
>            at
> org.apache.derby.impl.services.locks.ConcurrentPool.lockObject(Unknown
> Source)
>            at
> org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.xact.RowLocking3.lockRecordForWrite(Unkn
> own Source)
>            at
> org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.heap.HeapController.lockRow(Unknown
> Source)
>            at
> org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.heap.HeapController.lockRow(Unknown
> Source)
>            at
> org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.btree.index.B2IRowLocking3.lockRowOnP
> age(Unknown Source)
>            at
> org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.btree.index.B2IRowLocking3._lockScanR
> ow(Unknown Source)
>            at
> org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.btree.index.B2IRowLockingRR.lockScanR
> ow(Unknown Source)
>            at
> org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.btree.BTreeForwardScan.fetchRows(Unkn
> own Source)
>            at
> org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.btree.BTreeScan.fetchNext(Unknown
> Source)
>            at
> org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.TableScanResultSet.getNextRowCore(Unkn
> own Source)
>            at
> org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.IndexRowToBaseRowResultSet.getNextRowC
> ore(Unknown Source)
>            at
> org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.ProjectRestrictResultSet.getNextRowCor
> e(Unknown Source)
>            at
> org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.ProjectRestrictResultSet.getNextRowCor
> e(Unknown Source)
>            at
> org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.DMLWriteResultSet.getNextRowCore(Unkno
> wn Source)
>            at
> org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.DeleteResultSet.setup(Unknown Source)
>            at
> org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.DeleteResultSet.open(Unknown Source)
>            at
> org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericPreparedStatement.execute(Unknown
> Source)
>            ... 15 more
> ERROR - GeronimoLog.error(108) | Unexpected exception rolling back
> org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.LocalXAResource@109dafc;
> continuing with rollback
> javax.transaction.xa.XAException
>            at
> org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.LocalXAResource.rollback(LocalXAR
> esource.java:88)
>            at
> org.apache.geronimo.transaction.manager.TransactionImpl.rollbackResource
> s(TransactionImpl.java:581)
>            at
> org.apache.geronimo.transaction.manager.TransactionImpl.rollback(Transac
> tionImpl.java:475)
>            at
> org.apache.geronimo.transaction.manager.TransactionManagerImpl.rollback(
> TransactionManagerImpl.java:250)
>            at
> org.apache.ode.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler.execTransaction(SimpleSc
> heduler.java:183)
>            at
> org.apache.ode.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler$4.call(SimpleScheduler.j
> ava:335)
>            at
> org.apache.ode.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler$4.call(SimpleScheduler.j
> ava:332)
>            at
> java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:269)
>            at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:123)
>            at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecuto
> r.java:650)
>            at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.ja
> va:675)
>            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
> Caused by: Unable to rollback
>            at
> org.tranql.connector.jdbc.ManagedJDBCConnection.localTransactionRollback
> (ManagedJDBCConnection.java:113)
>            at
> org.tranql.connector.AbstractManagedConnection$LocalTransactionImpl.roll
> back(AbstractManagedConnection.java:196)
>            at
> org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.LocalXAResource.rollback(LocalXAR
> esource.java:86)
>            ... 11 more
> Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: No current connection.
>            at
> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown
> Source)
>            at
> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source)
>            at
> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source)
>            at
> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.noCurrentConnection(Unknown Source)
>            at
> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.checkIfClosed(Unknown Source)
>            at
> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.setupContextStack(Unknown
> Source)
>            at
> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.rollback(Unknown Source)
>            at
> org.tranql.connector.jdbc.ManagedJDBCConnection.localTransactionRollback
> (ManagedJDBCConnection.java:111)
>            ... 13 more
> ERROR - GeronimoLog.error(108) | Error while executing transaction
> javax.transaction.SystemException
>            at
> org.apache.geronimo.transaction.manager.TransactionImpl.rollbackResource
> s(TransactionImpl.java:585)
>            at
> org.apache.geronimo.transaction.manager.TransactionImpl.rollback(Transac
> tionImpl.java:475)
>            at
> org.apache.geronimo.transaction.manager.TransactionManagerImpl.rollback(
> TransactionManagerImpl.java:250)
>            at
> org.apache.ode.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler.execTransaction(SimpleSc
> heduler.java:183)
>            at
> org.apache.ode.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler$4.call(SimpleScheduler.j
> ava:335)
>            at
> org.apache.ode.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler$4.call(SimpleScheduler.j
> ava:332)
>            at
> java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:269)
>            at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:123)
>            at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecuto
> r.java:650)
>            at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.ja
> va:675)
>            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
>
>
>



-- 
RafaƂ Rusin
www.mimuw.edu.pl/~rrusin

Mime
View raw message