ode-user mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Question concerning BPEL extensions support
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 23:50:54 GMT
On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 12:46 AM, Martin Meyers <Martin.Meyers@web.de> wrote:

> Currently I am wondering if it would be possible to integrate already
> existing BPEL4People processes into the SCA world, using Apache Tuscany
> which itself incorporates Apache ODE. Therefore the following questions
> arise:
>
> 1. Is there any possibility to run BPEL4People processes definied in
> ActiveEndpoints' ActiveBPEL V5, which are based on BPEL4People 1.0 and
> WS-Human Task 1.0 Specifications?

If the processes use the people activity, no.  If the processes call
WS-HumantTask services directly, then probably yes.

2. If this is not the case:

>    2.a  Is this or similar support for BPEL4People processes (human-based
> workflows) underway?
>

>    2.b  Are there any other alternative technologies/products that could be
> linked to ODE to achieve these goals?
>
>    2.b  Otherwise, would it be difficult to incorporate an separately
> implemented *WS-HumanTask* Task engine into Apache ODE?
>           Which would be the key ODE components that had to be touched to
> achieve this?

The Tempo project is working towards a BPEL4People-compliant implementation.

http://tempo.intalio.org

and most of the work to implement WS-HumanTask is being done in this branch,

http://tempo.intalio.org/tempo/branches/b4p/

however integration with Apache Ode (i.e., implement the "people activity")
has not yet started.

alex