ode-user mailing list archives

From Chris Ma <...@ipm.edu.mo>
Subject Problem in compensation instances group
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 04:05:33 GMT

Hi all,

    I am doing a survey on BPEL's compensation instances group and I found
some strange nature which is not specific in the BPEL specification 2.0, I
am not sure if it is normal or not in all BPEL server, or anyone has the
practical example to support the strange nature?

As the following program, a while loop count x from 0 to 5, it contains a
scope, the scope increase X by 1, the compensation of the scope decrease X
by 1.

the strange is, if a throw inside the while loop is called(e.g. throw_1),
the last compensation instance is executed. X will finally be 2. on the
other hand, if a throw outside the while loop is called(throw_2), all
compensation instances are invoked and X will finally be 0. It is strange
that the throw_1 can not call all the compenstion instances...Please
comment. Thanks!

X=0
While X < 5

   { A  ?  C  , F }  where A has activity X= X + 1, C is compensation X=X
-1, F is the fault handler.

   if x >2 then (throw_1-> compensate)

loop

(throw_2 -> compensate)