ode-user mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matthieu.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Why hibernate use "BPEL_" prefix table name?
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2008 15:38:28 GMT
On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 9:10 PM, James Hu <james-fly@vip.sina.com> wrote:

> hi, Matthieu
>
> I am only testing.
> But may be sometime, if the ODE has executed a long time, and has created
> large datas. Then, if we have to change from JPA DAO to Hibernate DAO, it's
> very difficult ( or from JPA to Hibernate).

It is difficult because the DB schemas are pretty different. And even if we
didn't, unfortunately, really optimize for easy migration from one to the
other when we developed each layer, you have to keep in mind that the two
ORMs are very different. I'm not sure you actually can have Hibernate and
OpenJPA run on the same database with decent performances (if it's possible
at all), some choices of implementation are too different.

> Oh, It's only a guess. I am not use ODE to implement project, only reseach
> it now, May be in the future, we need use it to provide some process
> services for our customs. I think the customs still want to use the old
> dates, instead of creates new tables.
>
> By the way, I am still not sure that which one is efficient, JPA or
> Hibernate. We did not do some press test cases in large datas enviroment.

In my experience, OpenJPA is more efficient. But our implementation of the
Hibernate persistence layer is more mature.

Thank you,
Matthieu