ode-user mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matth...@offthelip.org>
Subject Re: bpel escaped xml assignment question
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2008 15:30:09 GMT
On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 1:03 PM, Jackson, Douglas <
douglas.s.jackson@siemens.com> wrote:

> Hi!
> If I have a variable which is an xml complex type or a message containing
> an xml complex type, and I want to put the value of that variable (i.e. the
> xml escaped) into a string variable or into a string element/attribute in
> another complex type.  How would I do that?
>
> i.e. in pseudo code:
>
>  var<some-element-type> v1 =
> <literal><some-element>...</some-element></literal>
>  var<string> v2 = escape-xml(v1)     (i.e.
>  "&lt;some-element&gt;...&lt;/some-element&gt;").
>
> I guess I could write a web service that takes a request with an <any> xml
> piece and return a string if I had to do so.

It's one possibility. Something simpler would probably be to implement a
small XPath extension function and plug it into Saxon (our XPath 2.0
engine), that would look very much like your example above.

http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/extensibility/functions.html

Cheers,
Matthieu