ode-user mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matth...@offthelip.org>
Subject Re: Does the Ode resume its execution once its restarts, whatever be its state of execution at the time of shutdown?
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2008 16:00:10 GMT
On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 5:08 AM, Rosalin Pattnaik <rosalin.pattnaik@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does Ode persist all its state and can resume from where it had left at the
> time of shutdown?

It does as much as possible. In most cases only running and uncommitted
transactions will be lost and those will be rollbacked to their previous
"stable" state.

> I tried with a simple Bpel flow. In my case it worked if i killed the
> process at a Wait stage and when i restarted the server , the process
> instance was completed succesfully.
>
> In the same process i also have an invoke(which throws an activityFailure)
> and is handled by a fault handler.If i kill the process when its in the
> invoke state and then restart the server , the process is not resumed and
> completed.

It's a bug that I've fixed about a month ago I believe. If you can use the
latest version of the 1.X branch, it should work.

Cheers,
Matthieu