ode-user mailing list archives

From "Jackson, Douglas" <douglas.s.jack...@siemens.com>
Subject bpel escaped xml assignment question
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 21:03:57 GMT
Hi!
If I have a variable which is an xml complex type or a message containing an xml complex type,
and I want to put the value of that variable (i.e. the xml escaped) into a string variable
or into a string element/attribute in another complex type.  How would I do that?

i.e. in pseudo code:

 var<some-element-type> v1 = <literal><some-element>...</some-element></literal>
 var<string> v2 = escape-xml(v1)     (i.e.  "&lt;some-element&gt;...&lt;/some-element&gt;").

I guess I could write a web service that takes a request with an <any> xml piece and
return a string if I had to do so.
-Doug.