ode-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Boisvert" <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: recoverActivity in the instance management API
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2008 18:27:23 GMT
On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 7:10 AM, Thilina Gunarathne <csethil@gmail.com>wrote:

> I would like to know whether the recoverActivity operation in
> InstanceManagement API is in working condition. Also what's the semantics
> of
> it when invoked using "retry". Does it re executes the mentioned activity?

Yes, it reexecutes the activity.

> What will happen if the activity instance is already executing (eg: Invoke
> activity waiting for a response)...

I have not tested this myself but you'll likely get an error because the
activity won't be in "activity recovery" state and thus I don't think it
will handle the request.   If it doesn't report an error, then we have a
bug.

The operation requires the ActivityInstanceId to be given together with
> ProcessInstanceID. How can I retrieve the ActivityInstance ID for an
> activity.

By getting the instance detail information (TInstanceInfo) with all the
scopes and iterating through the scopes to find the activities that needs to
be retried.

There are some example in
bpel-runtime/src/test/java/org/apache/ode/bpel/runtime/ActivityRecoveryTest.java

alex