ode-user mailing list archives

From Tammo van Lessen <tvanles...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem calling/executing async BPEL Process
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2008 16:53:12 GMT
Hi all,

Daniel Luebke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There are 3 options for solving this problem, none of which I have tried
> yet (and I think Tammo did neither):
> 1. Develop an Axis2 module that adds a dispatcher to the callback
> service. The dispatcher shall route the message using the intalio
> headers to the matching request (quite some work to do, however reusable)
> 2. Add WS-Addressing to ODE (in my opinion the cleanest solution;
> standards-compliant, however it is an even larger change and there has
> some conceptional work to be done to make it work)
> 3. Develop a custom service that is deployed at the client-side and do
> not use the default callback service offered by Axis2.

IMO there's a fourth option: The ws-addr soap/wsdl bindings for
asynchronous IN_OUT MEPs. At least for such simple two-way interactions
this works fine* but is of course not a replacement for a correlation
mechanism that can deal with more complex message exchanges. I agree
with Daniel that a standard compliant way would be nice. IMO this can be
achieved by placing the session ID in a ReferenceParameter.

*by "fine" I mean using the latest head, the addressing module engaged
and invoking the HelloWorld2 process with a ReplyTo header set.

> So far, this is our status, and I like to thank Tammo again for his time
> and patience.

You're welcome :)

Cheers,
  Tammo