ode-user mailing list archives

From "Dhanush Gopinath" <dhanush.gopin...@altair.com>
Subject Using Assign for Variables having an Array Of Elements
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2008 08:04:36 GMT
Hi,

I have an XML variable which has an element that can appear unlimited
number of times. I am assigning this item to the input of an invoke
activity, and for this I am using assign activity, and is using the copy
operation only once.

Like this :

<copy>

                <from>$StartWorkflowIn.Workflow1StartRequestPart
/ns1:multipleUsers/ns1:user/ns1:userID</from>

<to>$BatchMeshIn.InvokeBMSRequestPart/ns1:multipleUsers/ns1:user/ns1:use
rID</to>

            </copy>

            <copy>

<from>$StartWorkflowIn.Workflow1StartRequestPart/ns1:multipleUsers/ns1:u
ser/ns1:firstName</from>

<to>$BatchMeshIn.InvokeBMSRequestPart/ns1:multipleUsers/ns1:user/ns1:fir
stName</to>

            </copy>

            <copy>

<from>$StartWorkflowIn.Workflow1StartRequestPart/ns1:multipleUsers/ns1:u
ser/ns1:lastName</from>

<to>$BatchMeshIn.InvokeBMSRequestPart/ns1:multipleUsers/ns1:user/ns1:las
tName</to>

            </copy>

            <copy>

<from>$StartWorkflowIn.Workflow1StartRequestPart/ns1:multipleUsers/ns1:u
ser/ns1:userEmail</from>

<to>$BatchMeshIn.InvokeBMSRequestPart/ns1:multipleUsers/ns1:user/ns1:use
rEmail</to>

            </copy>

            <copy>

<from>$StartWorkflowIn.Workflow1StartRequestPart/ns1:multipleUsers/ns1:u
ser/ns1:group/ns1:id</from>

<to>$BatchMeshIn.InvokeBMSRequestPart/ns1:multipleUsers/ns1:user/ns1:gro
up/ns1:id</to>

            </copy>

            <copy>

<from>$StartWorkflowIn.Workflow1StartRequestPart/ns1:multipleUsers/ns1:u
ser/ns1:group/ns1:groupName</from>

<to>$BatchMeshIn.InvokeBMSRequestPart/ns1:multipleUsers/ns1:user/ns1:gro
up/ns1:groupName</to>

            </copy>

            <copy>

<from>$StartWorkflowIn.Workflow1StartRequestPart/ns1:multipleUsers/ns1:u
ser/ns1:department</from>

<to>$BatchMeshIn.InvokeBMSRequestPart/ns1:multipleUsers/ns1:user/ns1:dep
artment</to>

            </copy>

In the above snippet, the multipleUsers element  in the variable
$StartWorkflowIn.Workflow1StartRequestPart will contain one or more user
element at the run time. But when it actually gets copied to

$BatchMeshIn.InvokeBMSRequestPart  it will have only have a single users
information, which is the last user in the earlier variable.

Doesn't the BPEL automatically support the and loop through each of the
users on the right hand side of the assign too ? If not how will I copy
in this kind of scenario? Do I need to use a loop construct just for
copying this ?

Please advise. Any help is much appreciated

Thanks & Regards

Dhanush Gopinath