ode-user mailing list archives

From "Håkon Sagehaug" <Hakon.Sageh...@bccs.uib.no>
Subject Re: Configure hibernate in tomcat
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2008 17:51:46 GMT
Hi

More non ode question, fine if you don't answer, but cant debug this issue

I shifted to use openjpa instead, since i noticed that ode used it and saw
that this was a good thing. But now may problem is that when trying to
configure a DataSource I always get

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name java: is not bound in this Context

back, the configuration looks like this
Context initCtx = null;

    DataSource ds = null;
    try {
        initCtx = new InitialContext();
        // envCtx = (Context) initCtx.lookup("java:/comp/env");
        ds = (DataSource) initCtx.lookup("java:/comp/env/jdbc/workflowdb");
    } catch (NamingException e) {
        // TODO Auto-generated catch block
        e.printStackTrace();
    }

propMap.put("openjpa.ConnectionFactory", ds);
    propMap.put("openjpa.ConnectionFactoryMode", "managed");
    propMap.put("openjpa.FlushBeforeQueries", "false");

    EntityManagerFactory emf = Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(
        "MyOpenJPa", propMap);

    EntityManager em = emf.createEntityManager();

In the service.xml I've got this
 <Context path="/axis2" docBase="axis2" debug="5" reloadable="true"
crossContext="true">
 <Resource name="jdbc/workflowdb" auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"
                 maxActive="5" maxIdle="5" maxWait="10000"
                 username="user" password="password"
driverClassName="org.postgresql.Driver"
                 url="jdbc:postgresql://hostname/db/>
 </Context>

I've looked at the ode jpa code and figured out you are doing something
similar. I've seen that this error can come up when different versions of
serlvet-api.jar is loaded but only got the one in tomcat/commons/lib

any tips

cheers, Håkon

--
Håkon Sagehaug, Software Developer