ode-user mailing list archives

From Tammo van Lessen <tvanles...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ServiceMix Apache ODE Process and Instance Management
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2008 15:47:20 GMT
Alex Boisvert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I suggest filing a bug for this.
>
> Also, no one is currently maintaining the MBeans (our preference is now to
> expose the services via WS instead of JMX) so if you're interested in
> investigating this, it would probably be the fastest way to get it
> resolved.  And we can help if you get stuck.

+1. I believe this is rather a design issue than a bug, however not that
easy to decide. Currently the MBean exposes the management API directly.
 This implies that clients need to have the same classes in its class
path. As most management methods take and return XML objects, it's
probably better to translate these objects from/to XML before/after the
invocation so that the JMX management API does not directly comply with
the original interface but instead deals with Strings that can be
entered/displayed with arbitrary JMX tool.

Tammo