ode-user mailing list archives

From rjoshi <rink...@yahoo.com>
Subject Apache ODE performance compare to Sun BPEL Engine Performance
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2008 15:00:06 GMT

Guys,
   We are evaluating Apache ODE and Sun BPEL Engine for our Service
Orchestration application. I read  in many blogs that ODE out performs other
BPEL engine (no one gave real numbers) but we found ODE having poor
performance compare to Sun BPEL Engine (OpenESB).

We ran two tests. One with ServiceMix/ODE and other with glassfish
ESB/Sun-bpel.
Server: RedHat AS (Linux quad core)
Client: 4 client machine running jmeter with 25 threads (Total 100 threads)

Test case:
One incoming SOAP request with 1st parameter as a number and 2nd as a
String.
Inside BPEL, based on 1st parameter, we are executing while loop of that
many times. Psuedo code:
function testLoop(int iteration, string data) {
   int index = 0, count = 0;
  int length = data.length;
  while (index++ < iteration) {
     count = (index + 1) % length ;
  }
}

See attached loop.BPEL and loopIn.wsdl

Result:
2nd and 3rd columns are throughput/second.  Higher is better.

Number of Loops--------ServiceMix/ODE----OpenESB/Sun-BPEL
1                      -------   798               -----    930
10                   --------   357               -----    933
100                 --------     49               -----    483
500                 -------      9                 -----     123

Please let me know if we are missing something. Any
suggestions/comments/tunings to improve servicemix performance.
See attachments below.
http://www.nabble.com/file/p20440881/loop.bpel loop.bpel

http://www.nabble.com/file/p20440881/loopIn.wsdl loopIn.wsdl