ode-user mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matth...@offthelip.org>
Subject Re: Configure hibernate in tomcat
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2008 14:31:24 GMT
On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 2:45 AM, Håkon Sagehaug
<Hakon.Sagehaug@bccs.uib.no>wrote:

> Hi
>
> I know this is not a ode question, but noticed that you use hibernate and
> tomcat together and was wondering how you are configuring it, by using a
> tomcat jndi or pools like c3p0, what is the best?

When configured with an external datasource, we rely on a datasource and
connection pool provided by Tomcat that we lookup form the JNDI. I think
Tomcat uses DBCP by default. We then provide that to Hibernate:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ode/trunk/dao-hibernate/src/main/java/org/apache/ode/daohib/DataSourceConnectionProvider.java

Cheers,
Matthieu