ode-user mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matth...@offthelip.org>
Subject Re: Call Java Code within BPEL Process
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2008 14:11:54 GMT
On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 5:38 AM, Andrea Zoppello <zoppello@tiscali.it>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm evaluating BPEL as orchestration language to buil process flow.
>
> I think it's very good and complete specification, but before to proceed i
> really
> need to understand if bpel coul be used also with services that are not
> webservices itself.
>
> What i want to achieve is to have a BPEL process to call both webservices (
> SOAP services ) and generic services ( not SOAP ) for example a Java class.
>
> Looking for this type of stuff on the network it seems there are three way
> to do that:
>
> 1) Use BPELJ ( but ODE not support this )
> 2) Use WSIF
> 3) Use the <extensionActivity> BPEL element.
>
> Am i wrong?? In particular i'm interested to know on how to implement an
> exetension activity within ode, and then let the engine to use it.

I would say that 1) and 2) are basically dead at this point. There's a
fourth possibility that would be to use the local Axis2 transport that lets
you invoke a Java class directly by using the local:/ url scheme.

> Is there any documentation about that, or a very simple example??

For the extension activity, I thought we had some documentation but can't
find it, maybe Tammo will be able to help. But we have examples here (check
the readme):

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ode/trunk/extensions/

For the Axis2 local transport you should ask the Axis2 folks, there might be
some documentation on there website too.

Cheers,
Matthieu