ode-user mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matth...@offthelip.org>
Subject Re: Question about initialize variables and selectionFailure
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2008 14:38:30 GMT
On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 11:17 PM, Danny Kruitbosch <d.kruitbosch@rdc.nl>wrote:

>  Hi,
>

> I've been reading up on the BPEL 2.0 standard and it states that all
> variables should be initialized before they can be used (by way of creating
> an assign activity to copy a 'literal' to the actual variable).

Just clarifying: variables are required to be assigned in the process. Not
magically by the engine.

> I've created the attached process and it fails to run in ODE 1.2 (on tomcat
> 5.5). When I run the same process in the BPEL SE of OpenESB it runs fine. So
> my questions are:
>
> -          Are my variables initialized properly?
>
> -          Why do I get a selectionFailure in ODE, and not in OpenESB
> (both are BPEL 2.0 complaint)

Your attachment has apparently been stripped (you can try to put it in a
zip) so it's hard to answer. They could have some sort of extension to
automatically initialize variables, which isn't part of the standard.
Although enabling it by default is slippery as it's non-standard. That would
be a bit surprising though, their support for assignment seems very partial
so it's odd they would have had implemented this before other standard
features. But I'm just guessing, seeing your process would probably help.

Btw we have a patch proposition to add some sort of dynamic creation of
target path:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ODE-371

So we should get that pretty soon.

Thanks,
Matthieu

> This is (part of) the logging I'm getting in ODE:
>

> DEBUG - GeronimoLog.debug(66) | SELECT: PickResponseChannel#9: FOUND match
> for NEW instance mexRef={MyRoleMex#hqejbhcnphr3o6s86m1xae [Client
> hqejbhcnphr3o6s86m1xad] calling {
> http://nsp.rdc.nl/RDC/diensten}as13Service.opvragenAS13(...)<http://nsp.rdc.nl/RDC/diensten%7Das13Service.opvragenAS13%28...%29>
> }
>
> DEBUG - GeronimoLog.debug(66) | Initialize variable: name={Variable
> __PROCESS_SCOPE:as13.OpvragenAS13In:OMessageVarType#42} value=<?xml
> version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>
> <message><opvragenAS13><opvragenAS13 xmlns="http://nsp.rdc.nl/RDC"
> xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsd="
> http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="
> http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
>
>    <Identificatie xmlns="http://nsp.rdc.nl/RDC">
>
>     <Gebruikersnummer xmlns="http://nsp.rdc.nl/RDC
> ">rdc931179999</Gebruikersnummer>
>
>     <Rol xmlns="http://nsp.rdc.nl/RDC">TEST</Rol>
>
>     <Route xmlns="http://nsp.rdc.nl/RDC">WEBAPP</Route>
>
>     <TransactieID xmlns="http://nsp.rdc.nl/RDC">123456789</TransactieID>
>
>    </Identificatie>
>
>    <Kenteken xmlns="http://nsp.rdc.nl/RDC">48SJXT</Kenteken>
>
>   </opvragenAS13></opvragenAS13></message>
>
> DEBUG - GeronimoLog.debug(66) | <empty name=OEmpty#51>
>
> DEBUG - GeronimoLog.debug(66) | Assign.copy({OCopy {OXPath10Expression
> $OpvragenVoertuigBasisIn.opvragenVoertuigBasis/ns0:Kenteken}={OXPath10Expression
> $OpvragenAS13In.opvragenAS13/ns0:Kenteken}})
>
> DEBUG - GeronimoLog.debug(66) | Evaluating FROM expression
> "{OXPath10Expression $OpvragenAS13In.opvragenAS13/ns0:Kenteken}".
>
> DEBUG - GeronimoLog.debug(66) | translateNamespacePrefixToUri()=
> http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsbpel/2.0/process/executable
>
> DEBUG - GeronimoLog.debug(66) | translateNamespacePrefixToUri(ns0)=
> http://nsp.rdc.nl/RDC
>
> DEBUG - GeronimoLog.debug(66) | translateNamespacePrefixToUri(ns0)=
> http://nsp.rdc.nl/RDC
>
> DEBUG - GeronimoLog.debug(66) | lvalue after eval [message: null]
>
> DEBUG - GeronimoLog.debug(66) | content <?xml version="1.0"
> encoding="UTF-8"?>
>
> <message><opvragenVoertuigBasis><opvragenVoertuigBasis xmlns="
> http://nsp.rdc.nl/RDC"/></opvragenVoertuigBasis></message>
>
> DEBUG - GeronimoLog.debug(66) | translateNamespacePrefixToUri()=
> http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsbpel/2.0/process/executable
>
> ERROR - GeronimoLog.error(104) | Assignment Fault: {
> http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsbpel/2.0/process/executable}selectionFailure,lineNo=33,faultExplanation=No<http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsbpel/2.0/process/executable%7DselectionFailure,lineNo=33,faultExplanation=No>results
for expression: {OXPath10Expression