ode-user mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matth...@offthelip.org>
Subject Re: Client calling retired process?
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2008 17:33:18 GMT
On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 8:17 AM, Chris Taylor <saursoor@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks, Alexis, but i'm no closer to fully understanding why this occurs.
> It happens periodically now almost everyday with different deployed
> processes.  Although I don't understand it, I have done some research into
> the behaviour.  Here's a scenario:
>
> we'll deploy ProcessA-19, then retire it with ProcessA-20 deployment.  At
> some point it, or another, process will fail and attempt to go into recovery
> mode (excuse me if I state this incorrectly),  at this point ODE will create
> a scheduled job in an attempt to retry the service later.
>
> Here's where it gets screwy.  From then on, all new calls to ProcessA will
> not route to ProcessA-20, but ode will attempt to route them to ProcessA-19,
> which is of course retired. Ode does not recover from this.  It seems the
> only way to compensate is to redeploy ProcessA as ProcessA-21.  New requests
> will then route correctly.
>
> Any idea here?

I'll have to ask a few more questions to narrow it down and make sure I
understand correctly:

  * Does the exact same scenario sometimes works and sometimes doesn't?
  * Is it always happening in relation with recovery and retry or did you
see it happen in other situations as well?
  * Which version of ODE are you using? Have you tried with a recent 1.X
branch?

Thanks,
Matthieu