ode-user mailing list archives

From "Karthick Sankarachary" <sankarach...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Fault exchange between bpel processes
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2008 02:42:01 GMT
Hi Dalys,

Just to be clear, when you throw a fault after a <receive> activity, it will
not magically propagate back to the invoker as a response. In fact, no reply
will be sent for any inbound message activity that was open at the point the
fault was thrown. If the fault is not caught, the fault throwing process
will cease to exist, and the invoker will and should eventually timeout.

I suggest replacing the <throw> with a <reply> activity, like so:

-        <bpws:throw faultName="fault:TestFault" faultVariable="testFault"/>
+       <bpws:reply faultName="fault:TestFault" variable="testFault"
partnerLink="..." portType="..." .../>

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,
Karthick Sankarachary