ode-user mailing list archives

From "Alexis Midon" <mi...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Client calling retired process?
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2008 00:26:54 GMT
Hi Chris,

No new executions can be started on a retired process, but running instances
can still finish their job. [1]

I'm not really familiar with this part of the code, but after looking at it,
it seems to me that the deployment of a new version is not atomic. Meaning
that a process could be flagged as retired while the creation of a new
instance is in progress, hence you're exception.

does it make sense regarding your scenario? is it possible that the process
gets retired while messages are coming in?

[1] further details here:
http://ode.apache.org/user-guide.html#UserGuide-Versioning