ode-user mailing list archives

From "Nowakowski, Mateusz" <Mateusz.Nowakow...@sabre-holdings.com>
Subject Dynamic onAlarm value Is it possible ?
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2008 16:09:15 GMT
Hi all,

I have one design problem. From syntactical point of view it should
work, but I don't know if it is possible in ODE.

BPEL has onAlarm functionality. It can be placed inside global event
handler field like this:
	<bpel:eventHandlers>
		<bpel:onAlarm>
			<bpel:for>"PT1M50S"</bpel:for>
			<bpel:scope>
				<bpel:throw
faultName="tns:TimeoutFault"/>
			</bpel:scope>
		</bpel:onAlarm>
	</bpel:eventHandlers>

But if it is in global place, there can be only static value.

My situation is that the client can send this value in payload and I
would like to use this value as onAlarm value. In other words I want
dynamic onAlarm value.

My solution is:
- Declare global variable:
<bpel:variable name="onAlarmValue" type="xs:string"/>
- Main sequence will receive message, assign value to onAlarmValue
variable
- create new scope with eventHandlers defined like this:
	<bpel:eventHandlers>
		<bpel:onAlarm>
			<bpel:for>$onAlarmValue</bpel:for>
			<bpel:scope>
				<bpel:throw
faultName="tns:TimeoutFault"/>
			</bpel:scope>
		</bpel:onAlarm>
	</bpel:eventHandlers>
- the whole other instructions are inside sequence inside scope

Assuming that onAlarmValue variable format is correct, will it work ?

--
Regards
Mateusz Nowakowski