ode-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Boisvert" <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Asynchronous
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2008 14:00:12 GMT
My own rule is if there's a chance the operation may take more than 60
seconds, then make it an asynchronous.

This implies there's a breaking point where you can't add anymore processing
inside a synchronous operation -- for transport reasons but also for other
reasons (reliability, scalability, concurrency, transactions, ...).

alex