ode-user mailing list archives

From Chris Taylor <saurs...@yahoo.com>
Subject Client calling retired process?
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2008 18:37:03 GMT
Okay, I've a deployment (called GetCodes) bundle that includes 5 processes.  4 of the processes
make calls to the fifth (it's an abstraction layer of process business logic).  When I deploy
this "GetCodes" bundle using the DeploymentService utility, I can see an incremented deployment
(say, GetCodes-40) alongside previous iterations.

Occasionally, I'll have a client making soap calls to one of the processes under this logical
bundle that will fail with the following error:

InvalidProcessException: Process is retired.

In the logs, it's clear that ODE is directing this client call to GetCodes-39 - though the
client isn't explicitly attempting to call a specific version (is that even possible?).
Any clue why some clients periodically - erroneously - are directed by ODE to a retired process
version?