ode-user mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matth...@offthelip.org>
Subject Re: Only WebServices support in Ode?
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2008 14:51:37 GMT
On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 10:44 PM, Denis Bessmertnyj <
denis.bessmertnyj@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Currenlty I investigate Ode for my BPEL taks and it is interesting does Ode
> supports only WebServices or maybe other approaches also supported?

BPEL is strongly tied to WSDL so ODE fits in a web services world. That
being said, we have different implementations of the ODE communication layer
so in addition to Axis2 (pure Web Services) we also have JBI and SCA (see in
Apache Tuscany). We're also working on an embeddable version that would
allow direct calls from say, Java, but it's still at a very early stage.

Thanks,
Matthieu