ode-user mailing list archives

From Chris Taylor <saurs...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Nested processes
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2008 17:02:58 GMT
Of course, I should have known.  Thanks for the help.

----- Original Message ----
From: Alex Boisvert <boisvert@intalio.com>
To: user@ode.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 11:46:02 AM
Subject: Re: Nested processes

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 9:26 AM, Chris Taylor <saursoor@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I apologize if this is already discussed in documentation, a quick search
> did not reveal anything.
>
> I have a process which is calling another bpel process on the same server.
> During normal execution it is fine, but when the "child" process faults, the
> parent hangs, eventually timing out.  Not sure why this would be, especially
> since the fault raised by the child process is a defined business fault that
> should be caught.

Hi Chris,

A fault in a process is never implicitly sent back to the caller.  This
applies equally well to parent-child processes.  The child needs to explicit
send back a fault.

I suspect the parent process suspends right now because it gets an unknown
fault, which is the default activity recovery behavior.

alex