ode-user mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matth...@offthelip.org>
Subject Re: Soap 1.2
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2008 18:40:23 GMT
On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 8:59 AM, Massimiliano Giraldo <max.xam1983@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all!
>  I'm still trying to port an Active BPEL application into the ODE engine...
> In the Active BPEL version of the application, the BPEL script orchestrates
> 2
> web services by using soap 1.2.
> If I try to deploy the corresponding application into ODE an error related
> soap 1.2 occurs. Does ODE support soap 1.2 protocol?
>
> I saw in a message by Matthieu Riou (September 2007) that Ode doesn't
> support soap 1.2.
> Is it the same with the last version of Ode (version 1.2)?

Unfortunately yes. So far nobody had wanted soap 1.2 enough to get started
on it. Maybe you'll be the first one? ;-)

> However I changed the port references of the orchestrated web services
> from soap12 to soap11.
> I successfully deploy the application. The BPEL script simply calls one of
> the
> 2 web services when a new BPEL process is instatiated.
> The problem is that when the orchestrator calls the web service (which
> returns correctly 'return=0'), it immediately recall the same web
> service. The web service returns 0 again and the orchestrator recalls
> again the same web service and so on. This "loop" is endless.
> Is this problem related to the version of soap? Is there any
> configuration parameter that I can change?

I'm not aware of anything related to SOAP that could cause such a problem.
Might sound like a silly question but are you sure it's not your process?
You can try to turn more debug on, it should help you to see what's exactly
happening.

Cheers,
Matthieu