ode-user mailing list archives

From "Raphael Parree" <rpar...@gmail.com>
Subject Using element type variable in receive/reply
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2008 07:53:40 GMT
Hi,

I am getting an error "Cannot use non-message variable "memberRegistration"
in this context (message variable is required)". I believe however that i am
using an element variable correctly. The WS-BPEL spec states:
"If the WSDL operation uses a message containing exactly one part which
itself is defined using an element, then a WS-BPEL variable of the same
element type as used to define the part MAY be referenced by the
variableattribute of the
<receive> or <reply> activity." (see
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsbpel/2.0/OS/wsbpel-v2.0-OS.html#SA00058_table).

My messages contain one part (ref element) and my variables are of the same
element type. So i believe it should work.

In this thread: http://markmail.org/message/uyl5ggxeyzol7ylp i see a reply
that reads "..These activities all need a variable with messageType".

Am i misinterpreting the spec or does ODE not support this (I am using ODE
1.2 )?

Tx.,

Raphael