ode-user mailing list archives

From "Stelianos G. Sfakianakis" <sgs...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: asynchronous process -> service communication
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2008 15:12:19 GMT
On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 5:52 PM, Matthieu Riou <matthieu@offthelip.org> wrote:
> The stateful exchange protocol is the specification, implicit correlation
> describes its implementation in ODE. So they both describe the same thing,
> only the first is generic whereas the second describes how it works in ODE.
>
> Both only apply when you're dealing with services that support this
> protocol, so you would have to implement it. Otherwise you have to rely on
> classic correlation which would be the only way for the engine to know which
> process instance is supposed to be called back. Thing is, even if in your
> service doesn't really have state, as soon as you start a process instance
> and mean to call it back, state exists. Because the engine needs to a way to
> differentiate that specific instance from the others. Correlation is then a
> way to "bind" that state to the data present in messages.
>
> Btw you have attached all your WSDL documents but not your BPEL so I can't
> really see on which message you would be able to correlate.

Hi Matthieu, thanks for your prompt response,
I have changed the setup to use explicit correlation. I have attached
the relevant files ready for deployment in ODE. Now, this new version is
deployed ok but when invoked I get a NPE back (see the complete log
attached):

ERROR - GeronimoLog.error(108) | Method "run" in class
"org.apache.ode.bpel.runtime.INVOKE" threw an unexpected exception.
java.lang.NullPointerException
       at org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.MyRoleMessageExchangeImpl.invoke(MyRoleMessageExchangeImpl.java:134)
       at org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelRuntimeContextImpl.invoke(BpelRuntimeContextImpl.java:760)
       at org.apache.ode.bpel.runtime.INVOKE.run(INVOKE.java:88)
       at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor39.invoke(Unknown Source)

Any ideas?
Best regards
Stelios