ode-user mailing list archives

From "Stelianos G. Sfakianakis" <sgs...@gmail.com>
Subject asynchronous process -> service communication
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2008 09:48:42 GMT
Hi,
I am trying to build a BPEL process that will initiate the
communication with some "partner" service and later on will block in
waiting a callback form this service. So it will basically contain a
<invoke> and a <receive> (for the callback) inn a sequence. It seems
that I am confused with the way ODE supports this use case. From
<http://ode.apache.org/implicit-correlations.html> and the
magicSession example it seems that the <invoke>/<receive> combination
will do the trick with no need for correlation. But in the same web
page for a process to service interaction it is said that the
"Stateful Exchange Protocol" should be used instead according to
<http://ode.apache.org/stateful-exchange-protocol.html> But the
"Stateful Exchange Protocol" documentation lacks any example of use
(although I understand the notion of state, state identifiers, etc.
some example would be much clearer). Also I just don't see the need
for having state in this specific scenario, what I need is my process
to accept the callback which as I see it would be enough with the
simple "implicit correlation" (I assume that the session identifier
will be passed as a SOAP/WS-Addr header somehow...)

I have used the EclipseBPEL plugin (and actually the Lompoz
distribution which has better integration with ODE,
http://lomboz.objectweb.org/downloads/drops/R-3.3-200710290621/) to
create a sample process (called Test2, please check attached files).
After various tests I have not managed to find a working solution.. A
major obstacle seems to be how to specify the endpoint reference for
the callback (which should be the process itself), which with the
"correlation" issue makes things quite complex. Can you please take a
look and either provide some example for this kind of (common)
scenario or at least some guidance/workaround?

thank you for your time!
best regards
Stelios