ode-user mailing list archives

From Zaiwen Gong <zai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Any more examples?
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2008 21:07:56 GMT

Hi Matthieu (and whoever will reply this time),

Thanks again for the reply. It is very helpful. I have downloaded the the source distrubution
and am playing with it.

Two questions:
1. If I only want to run those BPEL processes (in bpel-test folder) against my own Apache
ODE installation instead of running the whole unit test against the built code, what is the
easiest way? I already figured out the one-by-one way: by refering to the test.properties
for each process, I write testRequest.soap and use the sendsoap command the same as for the
3 samples. It works, but it will take time to do it for all those processes. Do you have any
utitility that will read the test.properties directly and verify the response?

2. As you said, the building-ode tests are unit tests that you have already run to build the
binarydistribution and guarantee its stability. I would like to know more details: on what
operating systems have you run the unit test: Windows, Linux, Solaris, Aix, HP? With what
version of JDK: 1.5, 1.6? On the website, it says "Note that for now, even though ODE can
run on JDK 1.6.x, building ODE only works with JDK 1.5.x.". Does that mean the unit test has
only been run with JDK 1.5.x? Has it been run with IBM JDK 1.5.x on AIX?

I am a QA engineer and we are making plan for the testing strategy. That's why I need to find
out what test has been done for Apache ODE :)

Thanks a million,
Zaiwen

Matthieu Riou replies:

The tests Alex was mentioning test our source distribution and they're allincluded there (get
apache-ode-src-1.2.zip for example). From the sourcedistribution you can then build and run
those tests by following theinstructions here:http://ode.apache.org/building-ode.htmlBut all
of these are unit tests we have already run to build the binarydistribution and guarantee
its stability. They test the code, not yourinstallation. Although the 3 samples provided are
often enough to test yourinstallation itself.Cheers,Matthieu

From: zaiwen@hotmail.comTo: user@ode.apache.orgSubject: RE: Any more examples?Date: Tue, 8
Jul 2008 09:26:57 -0400

Hi Alex, Thanka lot for the reply. That looks like what I am looking for, but I have several
questions: 1. How to download all those BPEL tests in one click? Is there a zip file download
available? Now I have to go into each test and download each files one by one: .bpel, .wsdl,
.xml. It is too tedious and not efficient at all. 2. You said, "Running "buildr test" runs
all tests". How to run "buildr test"? Can you explain more details? I know how to deploy all
those tests (after they are downloaded) into ODE runtime engine, but how to test all  those
BPEL processes? Thanks!Zaiwen ____________________________________________________________________________________Alex
Boisvert replies: Running "buildr test" runs all tests, including BPEL tests that can be foundathttp://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ode/branches/APACHE_ODE_1.1/bpel-test/src/test/resources/bpel/2.0/The
3 examples that are bundled with Ode are all we have at the moment toverify that an installation
works properly.alex

From: zaiwen@hotmail.comTo: user@ode.apache.orgSubject: Any more examples?Date: Mon, 7 Jul
2008 16:18:56 -0400

In Apache ODE there are only 3 examples. I want to know if there are more examples available
so that I can validate if my Apache ODE is working fine? Or there is any unit-tests suite
or function tests suite for Apache ODE? Thanks a lot!

Need to know now? Get instant answers with Windows Live Messenger. IM on your terms.

It’s a talkathon – but it’s not just talk. Check out the i’m Talkathon.

The i’m Talkaton. Can 30-days of conversation change the world? Find out now.
It’s a talkathon – but it’s not just talk.
http://www.imtalkathon.com/?source=EML_WLH_Talkathon_JustTalk