ode-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Boisvert" <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Invoking Internal JBI Endpoints from a BPEL Process
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2008 17:23:45 GMT
On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 3:05 PM, <
apacheode.mcwhorterda@disposableaddress.com> wrote:

> So my questions are:
> 1) Can someone clear up the confusion with the deployment descriptors?
> Are 2 deployment descriptors necessary.  If so, can someone point me to
> an example using the
> "´╗┐http://pxe.fivesight.com/schemas/2006/02/14/bpeldd" based deployment
> descriptor?

Only one deployment descriptor is needed and "
http://www.apache.org/ode/schemas/dd/2007/03" is the official namespace.

A simple example is our JBI HelloWorld process:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ode/branches/APACHE_ODE_1.X/distro/src/examples-jbi/HelloWorld2/HelloWorld2-process/

2) What is the proper way to call a JBI endpoint from a BPEL process?  I
> have seen plenty of examples of calling a BPEL process from a SOAP/HTTP
> endpoint, but not the other way around.  Any examples available?

In the deployment descriptor, you simply bind your partnerLink to the JBI
endpoint, e.g.

<invoke partnerLink="SomePartnerLink">
     <service name="tns:SomeJBIService" port="SomeJBIPort"/>
</invoke>

Take a look at the PingPong example,
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ode/branches/APACHE_ODE_1.X/distro/src/examples-jbi/PingPong/

alex